- Methyl Propyl Ketone base
- An acrylic polymer that dampens and absorbs vibration
- Will not harden like anaerobic threadlockers
- Works with metal, wood, plastic (Nylon, PPE, PP) and more
- Fasteners are easily adjusted, removed and reused
- Works on fasteners of any shape or size, from tiny eyeglass screws to large construction bolts
- Works with internal or external threads
- Excellent Coated Shelf Life: Parts coated with Vibra-Tite VC-5 can be stored indefinitely before use.
- Versatile: Vibra-Tite VC-5 adheres to both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, most platings, wood, and plastic* screws. (*Recommended only for Nylon, PE, and PP plastics.)
- Creates a Reliable, Powerful Lock & Seal: With exceptional reliability, Vibra-Tite VC-5 holds parts in place even during extreme vibration and resists leakage by acting as a dam between mated threads.
- Offers Multiple Reuses: Using steady pressure and standard hand tools, parts coated with Vibra-Tite VC-5 can easily be adjusted, removed, and reused.
- Minimizes Galling/Stripping: Since Vibra-Tite VC-5 remains a thick, resilient, taffy-like “viscous resin,” its cold flow properties actually minimize galling or stripping of soft threads during reuse.
- Total Resistance to Fresh & Salt Water: Unlike anaerobics, VC-5 can be air dried then installed into a mating part under both fresh and salt water.
Easy To Use:
Shake well before each use. Apply VC-5 a length of 1 to 1 ½ times the fastener diameter, filling threads 50-100%. Although material will be dry to touch within minutes, allow VC-5 to dry for 10-30 minutes (the longer the better), depending on part size. Fasteners are then ready for assembly or to be stored for later use.
From tiny eyeglass screws to huge construction bolts, Vibra-Tite VC-5 is ideal for use on fasteners of any size.